Friday, July 30, 2010

Why Am I HUNGRY all the time?

I feel like I am eating pretty much the same as I was a month ago, but I'm hungry.

Is it sleepiness? Am I not eating enough salad? Not drinking enough water?

This is something that had not been plaguing me before.  I can't seem to sleep past 4 AM and that might have something to do with it- I'm  slightly tired which often leads to hunger. Trying to take a nap this afternoon, but of course, the phone rings just as I am dozing off.  My thyroid tests came back borderline, and my doctor said she wouldn't adjust my dosage if I was feeling okay.. I thought I was, poor sleep can be a symptom of low thyroid. Maybe I'll have to rethink that when I see her again.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbsalads/a/worldsalads.htm?nl=1

Salads are really a centerpiece for low carb eating because they are VERY filling when you eat a nice big one with lots of lettuce.. A big salad at lunch time can be a great way to eat less calories but still feel satisfied.  The link, above, is a great list of a links to a ton of salad recipes from around the orld--courtesy of  About.cm's low carb site.

The other day, I had a great simple salad with my chicken and mole sauce -- just some iceberg lettuce with a few thin slices of avocado, drizzeled with some sour cream--a mexican variety that is thinned out and tastes good enough to substitute for dressing all by itself.

Two days ago I made a really simple fresh salad with just very fresh  green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, mushrooms, and a basil olive oil with red wine vinegar. I ate it with a low carb tortilla pizza spread with homemade pesto that I made with pumpkin seed,  topped with  black olives, artichoke hearts and mozzarella. The tortilla got pretty crunchy and it tasted great.

I seem to be gaining and losing the same 2 pounds this week. Hopefully, I'll see another one pound drop over all. But I am starting to watch my calories more again. I'd stopped writing down what I eat..which is one way to really get off track. So I'm back to making a daily "menu"  and then seeing how well I stick to it.

Sleep, I think, is an issue. My allergies have been acting up this summer, so when  wake up at 4 AM, they kick in and I am not able to stay in bed...(after sneezing and blowing my nose for 15-20 minutes, it's over (dust mites) but by then, as my granddaughter says, "I'm Awake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment